Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEBBIE!!!!!

I can not begin to count up the birthdays that Debbie and I have spent together. Let's just say, "A lot!"  She has always been there for me through thick and thin, no matter what, my whole life.  She is my earliest memory of childhood.  Actually, there is no part of my past that she was not a part of.  We played house, cards, paper dolls, houseboat in bed at night, "make each other laugh", and endless Barbie games.  It was wonderful having a sister so close in age, because no matter what, you always had a friend along.  Deb has always been a part of my firsts.  First football game, first date, first kiss, first breakup...... the list goes on and on.  We shared them all.  Marriage, children, and the wonder of grandchildren have all been enjoyed together.  The joys and the tears of my whole life have been lived with Deb by my side.  I thank God every day for my wonderful sister who has enriched and blessed my life beyond measure.  May you have a truly wonderful year filled with all of the joys you deserve, Deb.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Di...your right of course. What haven't we enjoyed together? From little girls playing house to teenaged girls going to dances and double dating, to each other's maid of honor to the birth of our children...we've been at each other's side. And now as we hit these late 50's and the old body ain't what it used to be, we can share tums, reading glasses, the horror of "medical procedures", haha and the absolute wonder of grandkids. God willing we will be by each other's side as we continue to age. Don't know if I have ever told you how much I appreciate the fact that you are ALWAYS there for me and how grateful I was just for your PRESENCE as I went through my latest medical horrors, not to mention the fact for all that you did for me. Whatever would I do without you? Yep, it's a fact....sister's are some of the best of God's blessings. LOVE YOU, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! I hope she has a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Happy birthday Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet birthday post for your sis! Hope she had a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing reading Debbie's reply. Too funny. Happy Birthday Debbie!

    ReplyDelete