Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of Homeschool

How cute is our classroom calendar? (bargain bin at Target)

Wednesday was Jackie's first day being homeschooled.  It is something we have thought about for a long time and Michelle decided this was the year to start.  We are all very excited with the prospect. Michelle and I will be sharing the teaching responsibilities (and the day care for Sissy).

This is a dream come true for me and the fulfillment of my desires to be a teacher.  I took classes to be a preschool teacher when Michelle was 2 years old and I taught for a few years.  I loved it!

Traditional 1st day pose with back pack.


The third grader!

Full view of our classroom.



Close up of the what-not shelf.


Hard at work!

Grandma's precious girls! This is my new screen saver!


Getting some advice from Big Sis.


Loving sisters!



Shaking to the music.



Such a HAPPY girl!


FINALLY got that hat off!


Sharing a good laugh!


Adding her "secret" ingredient to the spaghetti.

Such a good helper!

After talking to Debbie today, I realized I had never mentioned how much of a bargain I got on my new sewing cabinet.  While cleaning it out a found an original brochure, with the price tag of $694.00.  I paid a mere $25.00!   Definitely my biggest bargain to date!  These next pics are for you, Deb.



Inside the wonder sewing cabinet.

So much storage room!!!!!! Notice the 2 nice sized drawers above the shelves.

Night-night to little Sissy.

5 comments:

  1. There might be too much to comment on, haha...First of all I LOVE the room. It's both darling and perfect and that desk for Jackie is just what you would want for this. Jackie looks adorable in her first day of school assemble. She is really getting big (aren't they all?) Next, those pics of Priscilla are just orbital. My goodness she is just darling, and those eyes! They are sooo pretty...just stuns. And the dimples are soo cute. I love that first one of the two girls. Jackie's cooking pics are really cute too. And now for the sewing cabinet. I finally see what you were trying to say (though that is not what you said, haha) It is soo good Di. Plenty of storage. And what a bargain. I am already missing mine, but the fact remains the same. Where would I put it? OH, and are those drawers above the shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you get to teach Jackie at home Diane! It sounds like it was meant to be. The classroom is adorable and that desk is so perfect. The pictures of her first day are so cute, and the ones with her baby sis are so good. Oh my gosh, that sweet gummy baby smile complete with the baby drool and everything! She is precious. And those big blue eyes and her hat! Too much. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane- the classroom is perfect. It looks so fun. The sewing cabinet is perfect! Priscilla is adorable, and Jackie must be the best big sister!

    On the subject of sewing cabinets, well sewing really, have you seen the fabric that Heather Bailey makes? www.heatherbaileystore.com
    I only know how to sew a little bit, but her fabric makes me want to sew everything! I think I might order some and just see what happens???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow......so much to say...first, the girls are getting so big!!! Jackie has changed so much over the summer, and the baby...oh what a dolly!! What eyes...those dimples...wowie!! They sure do look like they are devoted to one another too. Seems that more and more are doing home schooling these days. What a great space you have there for it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sewing cabinet. GREAT bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I am jealous that you are home schooling! I think it is amazing! Jackie looks so dang cute, she is getting so big. The pic of the baby laughing so hard, I started laughing myself. Is there anything better than a baby's laugh?

    ReplyDelete