Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's snowing.......

I have been sitting here in my room at the computer reading and typing for the last hour.  It has been steadily raining.  I have high a beamed ceiling in my bedroom, meaning that any sound that occurs on the roof, I can hear very clearly.  A few minutes ago, things went silent and I looked out of the window.  Sure enough, it was snowing.  It is hard to believe that just a couple of days ago it was warm enough outside that Jackie had on a bathing suit and was playing with her water table. This is all very typical spring time in the mountains.  And yet, it is such a reminder of God's presence in even the smallest of events that occur each day.  I need to remember He is in charge of everything.

Jackie LOVES the snow!


Mmmmmmmm yummy!

The dogwood tree has endured much worse than this. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what crazy weather! I wish I were up in the mountains right now too!! Do you live near Lake Gregory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these pics. How fun for Jackie. SURELY this is the last of this for the season..I personally love a spring time rain. Even though it is REALLY cold, it still has a different "feel" about it than a winter storm. I'll talk to later on today I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete