Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Snow Day

It's been overcast and kind of gloomy all day.  Every time I walk by a window and see the snow, I am oddly surprised.  I have just been in the mindset of spring and this is like a weird time warp.  There is no school today, so it seemed like a good chance to take some pictures.  The problem was that the snow is super wet and really dripping off of the trees.  I had to stand under the eaves of the house so that I didn't get soaked or ruin my precious camera.

Pretty happy about having a snow day at the end of April!


I love to see the ice on the trees.


I hope Michelle's flowers survive all of this weather!


She thinks that I can't see her.


Popping out to surprise me.


I love this one!  It is like the light of God is shining down on her.


Such a pretty face.


Maybe just a taste.......


HELLO!


So sweet.


Happy Girl!


Always making faces.


What does she see up there?


Soooo cold!


Precious hands.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Snow in April! Love these pics. Your granddaughter looks like she is loving this last little bit of "weather" before spring will spring for real!! I love that one too, where you said it looks like God's light is shining down on her. Lovely. We adore the mountains. We plan to retire there. I thought you were by Lake Gregory. We used to spend a lot of time there. Camped at Dogwood a lot too. Lovely area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are just STUNS...You are becoming orbital on that camera. I LOVE the one of Jackie "hiding" in the tree. Just so innocent. Though the one of her looking up? Looks almost fake. You can tell Jackie enjoys a good photo session, haha. That works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I cannot believe that you have snow at your house, has Mother Nature not realized that it is almost May?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buuurrrrr! Looks cold in your neck of the woods!!

    Looks like your granddaughter sure was enjoying herself. Cute pictures.

    Thank you for the nice comments on my blog.

    Enjoy your weekend. And stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete