Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Queen!


35 years ago today the world changed forever for me. Michelle Laurie Donahue was born and my life would never be the same again! To go from a young, naive, and yes, somewhat selfish woman to becoming a mother was remarkable to say the least. Only someone who has made the transition can ever know the impact it has.

From her her very first moments, she has brought me a joy I never knew existed. She was a sweet and very good baby. Some of the most treasured moments of my life were those I spent sitting in the rocking chair in the middle of the night, staring into my precious baby's face. I could not believe I was so lucky! Michelle could nap through anything. I could literally vacuum under her crib and she would never wake up. All during her first summers, I would take her with me to the beach. She actually had a suntan in her 1 year old picture! She has always loved the beach and swimming.

As she grew, so did my love for her. She was an adorable toddler who loved the park and being outside in general. It was during this time that Joey was with us every day and their bond grew from cousin to brother and sister. When John came along she was only two and a half, and he joined their close knit club. It is a wonderous blessing that she has had so many cousins to share her life with.
Michelle's sense of humor has always been a big part of her personality. She can always find the humor in a situation. This is a trait that has been a joy for all around her. So many times over the years the sound of Michelle's infectious laugh has lightened many a tough moment. She can find something funny about almost anything and you find yourself laughing along with her.

I have so many memories of Michelle thru the years. School days, scouting, dance classes, ceramics, swimming lessons, cooking class, ballroom dancing, summer camp, the list could go on and on........ Watching her thru all the phases has been absolutely wonderful! As she experienced the moments, so did I as her biggest cheerleader. Last summer as she and Scott were married, I truly felt things had come full circle. Greg and I love watching her in the role of parent and wife. I am thrilled for her that she will soon have another sweet baby to hold in her arms and share all the love and joy that she has given to so many.

Michelle, I am so proud of you. Knowing that you are walking with the Lord is the biggest blessing of all for me. I know I am the woman I am today, because God gave me the most wonderful daughter in the world. I love you more than words could ever say!

2 comments:

  1. you had me bawling Di...haha I am sooo happy you've had Michelle to share your life with, and now with Scott, Jackie, Stone, and a new little "someone".... your cup surely runneth over.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am bawling, too.....thank you so much mom, for everything you do and have done for me. i love you!

    ReplyDelete