Monday, May 18, 2009

Baby Birds!!!!!!!!!



I am so excited to have had 3 babies hatch today! I was not even sure if they had ever mated so this was a perky surprise. Jackie was up on a chair watching the mother and dad feed their tiny babies. It is soooooo cute to see them! If you look very close under Patches throat you can see the tiny baby head coming up.

I felt like a professional photographer today. I probably took 50 shots to get this one picture. I was rearranging lights and contorting into all kinds of positions to get this shot. I was fiddling around with the camera and I actually got this picture right thru the bars. I knew there was a way to focus and have the bars look like they disappear and after many attempts I figured it out! I was quite proud of myself!

3 comments:

  1. I agree Di you could go pro...haha Seriously though it IS a great shot...and I saw the head BEFORE you pointed it out...Jeffie would have a stroke....you know what you need to do don't you?? We need a video (like the ones Jimmy has done) of the parents feeding their babies...that would be sooo good....just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! You might want to look into photography as a side job. This turned out perfect. And I need to point out also how jealous I am that with a 100 birds I have NO babies yet and you with 2 have 3 already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know Di I showed Jeffie your page yesterday and he was quite impressed as I knew he would be....He LOVED this pic of Squirt and Aqua, and noticed RIGHT AWAY the little baby head getting fed...so up his alley...haha

    ReplyDelete