Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Technology at Work!

I've been operating on the new computer for a couple of days now and it is actually way better than I had it pictured. There are not many times that this can be said.....I guess the bottom line is that I did not realize the true dinosaur level of my old computer. I thought that the slowness of it was because DSL did not work that well in the mountains. Jackie had this website called Pixie Hollow (from Tinkerbell) where you create your own fairy, that she has been wanting to go on. Dino (old computer) would huff and puff, spin the hourglass for at least 10 minutes, or possibly shut down completely in an attempt to get to the website. During many tries, we never even made it there. Tonight she wanted to try it on the new computer and we were literally designing her new fairy within a minute! Her teacher had given me the website for her to go on and do extra science work at home. It was pointless to have considered it in the past, but now it will be a full go! Greg was clicking around on some of his work stuff today, answering e-mails at light speed. In the past, he never even went on when he was at home because he could not bear the crawler speed. The screen is so big and clear I don't even need my glasses at all! I guess a lot of progress has been made in the last 6 years! I am sooooo perky to have this going you will never know!

7 comments:

  1. I am perky for you Di! Trust me I know the feel of a Dino that you just as soon throw to orbit! And then the feel of a new Berrini coming in! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....how exciting....the fairy thing sounds interesting...didn't realize they had things like that though it makes sense...I got to figure a way for Joe and Leah to get one too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fairy thing is darling! You actually build a fairy from scratch (ala Sims) You pick her characteristics, hair color and outfit in detail. You name her and then she flies to darling little worlds and interacts with other fairies. Trust me, I may be making one for myself....And Nae, it really gave me an itch for Sims!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, if your old computer was 6 years old i can only imagine the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so weird to me that you play Sims Danae. I used to LOVE SimCity. Still do actually.

    Di, you said hourglass... is it a Mac?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, but our first computer was a Mac and I have always used the term.

    ReplyDelete