Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Queen!

Thirty-six years ago today Michelle Laurie Donahue was born.  It was the most wonderful and life changing day of my life.  I can not begin to imagine this world without My Michelle in it.
I could not believe she was finally here!


Proud Mama with the most beautiful baby in the world.

First professional picture at three months.
 

She was the best baby in the world.  I took her with me to the beach all the time that first year.  She actually had a tan in her one year old picture!  Our main entertainment in those early days was to go to Debbie and Jeff's house to play games and eat our giant desserts. Michelle would go to sleep in her makeshift bed in Debbie's bedroom with no problems, as long as she had her beloved blanket.


This will always be one of my favorite pictures.



The only way I could get her to pose for this picture was to hold her on my lap.


Here she is at two and a half wearing the first dress I ever made for her.


Very first trip to Disneyland.


First time I could get her to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap.


She always loved a ride from Daddy.

Michelle was such a wonderfully sweet little girl.  When she was still quite young her dad nicknamed her Queen and the name has stuck.  She did well in school and met her best friend in the world when she was 8 years old and her friend's mom was the Girl Scout leader.  Catherine spent so much time with us thru the years it was almost like she and Michelle were sisters.  They still speak almost daily to this day.  So much of Michelle's growing up years were spent with Debbie's boys.  She went to school with them, spent her holidays with them, camped with them and  ultimately double dated with them many times over the years.  They are more like brothers to her than cousins.  She has tons of family for a girl, who is technically an only child. 


Michelle has blessed my life in more ways I could count. We have grown to be the best of friends.  No one gets me the way she does.  We can laugh together over the simplest of things. No one in this world has a laugh that is as contagious as Michelle's.  There is no way you can not join her.  She can ALWAYS find the funny side of almost any situation. When some thing wonderful happens, I can't wait to tell her.  When something awful happens, I know that no one else will understand the way she will.  When God sent this wonderful woman to be my daughter He truly gave me the BEST gift I have ever gotten. Happy birthday Michelle.  May this be your best year ever.  May the Lord bless you in every way possible.  I love you!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute. Happy Birthday to Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mom, that was so incrediably sweet! I love you so much! Perfect pics going for a total stun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah!!! That was awesome! I love the old pictures. Your hair was fabulous!!! I have to say, I also feel so blessed that you had Michelle. I cannot imagine a world without her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. Happy Birthday Michelle. That second picture you posted is so cute, and you look so beautiful! And I see a lot of you in her baby pictures. (Can I say that even though we've never met?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Diane...what a sweet post. Lucky Michelle and lucky you for having her. Happy Birthday Michelle.
    Those pictures were great, you looked like a baby yourself when you had her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Di this post was orbital...Soo many good pics...that one of you and her together is sooo good of you...your eyes are wonders...Yes, I couldn't agree more. Michelle was much more like a sister to my boys than a cousin. I have seen first hand the enjoyment and love she has brought to your life and I too praise God that He blessed you with her....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Michelle, and may the Lord shine His face on her now and forever more....LOVE, DEB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Diane - what great pics! Happy Birthday Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post for your daughter. I love looking at all of those old pics! You look so beautiful in these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete