Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Out of my league....

Today, I worked in Jackie's classroom.  For some reason, the teacher decided to do some exercising with the class after the Pledge of Allegiance this morning.  Considering  the fact that I was standing in front of the room with her at this particular moment, I had no choice about joining in. We started off running in place, at a rather brisk clip.  I am not kidding, when I say I was almost winded. She then went into some elaborate arm contortions and bizarre poses.  We continued the session by staring  at the ground  frozen in peculiar stances and then slowly lifting one leg into an odd position.  (Keep in mind that the woman is close to my age and has the build of a toothpick)  Never once did she even appear mildly distressed.  I considered my performance Oscar worthy.  I could have collapsed to the ground gasping for air, but she was never aware of this fact!  Obviously, I will be addressing this issue ANY moment. 

Jackie just informed me that her teacher LOVES Yoga and that she feels it helps to relax the body................  NowI get it. I guess my body is just not used to being so relaxed!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha....I think you did great. There is no way with these arthritic knees I could have done it. I really do need to get into shape though. There is no excuse....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clayton and I tried doing our P90X yoga dvd about three times (most of the time was spent staring at the tv muttering how the heck do they do that?!)... after that we just did good ol' cardio. We could never get the hang of being that 'relaxed' either!

    ReplyDelete