Monday, May 10, 2010

A fun weekend!

This was a very busy and enjoyable weekend.  Saturday, my in-laws came up to spend the weekend with us.  My father-in-law loves baking, so I had to be sure he was not disappointed.  I had a big plate each of freshly baked oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies on hand.  We visited and ate and watched movies all weekend long. 
Looking up at Great Grandma.


The happy Great-grandparents.


Great-grandma and her little girls.


Four generations.

On Sunday morning we all went to church together and my FIL got a beautiful carnation for each of the three mothers.  After the service they gave each of us a beautiful devotions book.  I flipped thru it and there was a recipe for scones that I decided to try out when we got home.

Pretty and pink for the ladies!

Jackie was insistent that we have tea with our scones.


On Sunday after noon baby Priscilla got her very first taste of baby cereal and it was met with a large crowd watching.  We all got such a kick watching her facial expressions!

Mommy is showing her how wide to open.

So that's what all the hype is about.
What flavor is that?
Mommy is very excited about all of this.
What was in that bite????
At this point it could go either way.
A little encouragement from big Sis.
You can do it Sissy!


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Mother's Day weekend. Love that Jackie had to have tea with the scones!!! Scones looks goooood!!! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a GREAT week-end. Can't believe we haven't talked in a few days! These pics are just soo good. I love the 4 generation one. It is good of everyone, but especially of Michelle. She looks like a stun...I also love the pics of Priscilla on her introduction to food. haha She'll work in no doubt...love the view out your windows in that last one...and the scones? EASY...haha...Seriously, they look REALLY good. Talk to you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post and all of the accompaning pictures. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great mother's day weekend Diane! Visiting with family, and eating... what can be better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Please tell Michelle her hair is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane,
    How wonderful to meet you, I am so sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but we have been out in Texas for the past week visiting our daughter and her family.
    Thank you for coming by and visiting me and for leaving me such a sweet comment. Debbie is so precious, and I know I am going to really enjoy getting to know you. Your family is just precious, I so enjoyed reading of this special Mothers Day week end. I also enjoyed reading some of your other posts.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great mother's day weekend! What fun. Those scones look delicious, and it sounds like you really enjoy baking! I feel like every time I visit I'm reading about something fresh from the oven and it makes me so hungry! Great pics of the first taste!! She is SUCH a cutie!

    ReplyDelete