Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dr. Laura has gone too far!

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with Dr. Laura...She is a talk show host/psychologist on KFI. I have been listening to her for the last 5 or 6 years. She has (to me) an incredibly entertaining show on a lot of levels. She is VERY black and white in her opinions, not all of which I agree with. The best part of her show is her biting sarcasm and ruthless way of dealing with some of the callers. If anyone has listened to her at all, they would KNOW what buttons not to push, but that never stops many of the dorks who call in. She can be incredibly withering, to say the least.

A couple of days ago a woman calls in and she is very upset. She and her husband had gone to get tattoos. She was selecting what she wanted, when her husband told her as soon as she lost 30 pounds, she could get it done. The caller felt that there should not be conditions on his love for her and that he was completely out of line. She started to explain how all of this had made her feel when Dr. Laura clipped her off mid sniffle with a snide, "Why should he be stuck with a fat slob?" The woman sputters in shock, "But......" Dr. Laura is having none of it. She rips the woman up one side and down the other. She called her names and just generally berated her for carelessly getting fat. She literally questioned her in a vicious voice about what foods she had been porking out on. She basically told her to get the weight off and keep her man happy.

As I said, she can be brutal, but usually with some cause. This was so unbelievably shocking that it has taken me this long to even repeat the story. I will admit, Dr. Laura does have a weird weight fetish and has admitted to being anorexic in college, but she has never gone this insane. It will be a while before I tune in again.......

6 comments:

  1. WOW I have heard you talk about the show many times before, and was always going to listen sometime...I think I will skip it now...what an incrediably shallow thing to say. Once again she does not know this woman from Adam, has NO IDEA what she really might look like, or who or what kind of people either one of these people are. I can't imagine she didn;t turn thousands of people off. Alrighty then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and by the way....I LOVE this background. LOVE IT.... I feel a change in mine coming on now....haha did you get this in the same place as the others as I have scoured over those and I don't remember ever seeing this??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did get it at the same place. I was looking around last night and this was at the beginning ( I think...LOL) They must change them all the time because I never saw this one before either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't even comment on the Dr. Laura thing, as she bugs me to death and I find her grating and irro!
    On a side note Yvonne listens to her all the time, lol. And this background is a stun and is me favorite one yet! Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been listening to Dr. Laura for a good fifteen years now. Every day at lunch. Bottom line is she is one smart lady and is really great with cutting to the chase, but there are times when she's just nuts beyond comprehension. I've heard her say far worse things than this. I've heard her reduce people to tears at times, and sometimes they really didn't do anything wrong. The woman is in her ealry sixties and still weighs less than a hundred pounds, so as far as I'm concerned she obviously has some kind of psychological problem with food. She is entertaining as all hell if you're in the right mood though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuck, you are right. I do find the show incredibly entertaining. I am still listening to her, because I guess her good parts far out weigh the bad.

    ReplyDelete