Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Aftermath

Well, the "party" is over and we ended up with a tie between Greg and I. We each had 11. Jackie ended up in tears and had to move to another room for a panda movie by the second Oscar. She is so competitive and can get tense very easily. (HMMMM how odd.) We had lots of fun. It totally changes the dynamics of watching, when there is competition for us involved. Greg was not actually here for the show. He had a late customer and these days that is a definite GO. I had emailed him the link for the ballot so he could fill his out before he got here. I checked his answers with the master copy I made during the show, when he got home. I know this is tweaked, but it was highly annoying when he tied with me. He was all perky and had to go into some in depth story of how he came to make his lofty choices. Of course, I am joking. (I mean how petty could someone be?) LOL

It is really late and for some reason (perhaps 2 Diet Cokes at the party?) I am still going. I am reaching the point where I could easily slip into a late night dwell. NO not that! I need to stop thinking and watch something mindless on TV to unwind. Will write more tomorrow........Di

3 comments:

  1. haha Why are we all sooo competive?? Poor Jackie, I know the feel. I will call later to chew the show. Too long for even me to type. haha While I didn't keep track, I did predict that slum dog would clean up and win best pic, and that Sean Penn and Kate winslet would win. (umm hello?) I have John and Jeff as witnewsses. haha John did not think it would get best pic, so technically I beat him. haha nothing worse than.....your just awake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di you're totally right, having a competetion would make it SO much more fun, why have I never thought of this?? Oh and I can totally relate to Jackie, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete