Friday, February 13, 2009

SNOW!!!!!!

It started snowing this morning about 8:00 am and continued until about 5:00 pm. There is a lot on the ground, considering there was about a foot here before it even started today. I will say, it is absolutely beautiful! I love the feeling of all of my family safe and snug in the house, when it is like this outside (actually I love that feeling no matter what the weather is!) I can finally breathe freely, since Greg just drove up. I don't know how he does it sometimes.....He works all day and then spends 50 minutes to an hour and a half driving home thru some fairly treacherous conditions. I know that God truly blessed me!
Stone is here for the weekend and the kids are very excited for Valentine's day. I made both of them fleece blankets with pandas on them. (Jackie has been crazy for pandas ever since they went to the zoo last month.) I had to make Stone's blanket with Jackie here this week since she had so many snow days off of school. She loves his blanket! She said to me while I was making it, "You know Grandma, I am the one who really loves pandas." Tonight before she went to bed she said, "I know you made me a Panda blanket, Grandma, cuz that 's how much you love me. Why don't you just give it to me now?" Then she giggled the most adorable giggle........
There is supposed to be a break in the weather tomorrow so we should be able to get in some fun snow play with the kids. It is getting late and I have been working on this for a while with about 50 interruptions, it seems like. Goodnight all!

3 comments:

  1. Your stories make me laugh as usual. Jackie cracks me up! I know what you mean about having the family safe inside of the house. I have that need lately more than anything but obviously won't have it given they live in different places. Sometimes I think I'd like for them to report when they've gotten home safely so I can at least know they're all there. Mom called me last night at 10:00 to tell me about Donatella Valentina being on the way and I about had a heart attack. First cause of the time and my cell phone ringing. Then because her voice was frantic when she says "Danae"? I know you know what I mean. Figure out how to post that picture of Jackie by the snowman. I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danae, there is nothing like a good Jackie story. There is just no one like her....AND I agree....the feel of everyone home safe and all is right with the world, can't be matched. And also like Danae I know what she means since there are soo many in my family now and they don't live here anymore. There is times where I lay in bed and "picture" them all in their homes and it is always a good feel. But it's funny, no matter how old they are if they live with me, I worry about it when they are not here. Here that John?? You need to call when you won't be home.......Love Deb

    ReplyDelete