Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snow Annoyance

I am going to take a tip from Jessie and see if venting about something lessens my annoyance.....It snowed all night and still is snowing, as we speak. Our street has not been plowed since about 4 am, thus making it like a ski run. Three teenagers are going up to the top of the hill and then as a group snowboarding all the way down the street. This may sound like innocent fun, but cars do go up and down the street and in this deep wet snow, even with chains and 4WD, it is very slippery. I have been driving on streets in this weather before and it is very tension provoking when people are walking in the street, let alone snowboarding in a group 3 bodies wide. When they see a car one of them screams out,"CAR!" and then they all dive into the berms, in the nick of time. A couple of cars have stopped and had words, but it does not seem to bother the kids. If I thought it would do any good, I would snort out and say something, but I am sure it would do no good besides invoking a little chuckle and shake of their heads adding to their feeling of youthful invincibility.
I have just had a wondrous, redeeming moment! The snow plow was coming down the street ( at a rather speedy clip) and one of the kids was snowboarding and had to skid off to the side and land in a giant berm. The snow plow driver actually stopped and yelled something out of the window at the kid. I know this is tweaked, but I really wanted yell out "Wee Doggies!" Since that would be going a little too far, I will do it here. "Wee Doggies!!!!!!"

5 comments:

  1. hahaha........Kids do think there are invicible. Remember when we use to sled down our street at the cabin?? I don't ever even remotely remember thinking we really shouldn't have been there......now that I look back, it was kind of wild.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that was pretty funny. nothings better when people get what they deserve sometime. which is sad to say but true. so quick question...are u just stuck up there because of the snow? and is jackie out of school bc of it? you know, the newport mom's kids are home from school this week for "ski week"...thats right...even tho newport has NO snow, we still get ski weeks...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, the answer to both questions is, yes. We are stuck in snow and Jackie has no school because of it. They just posted on the local website "Rim of the World" that there is no school tomorrow, either. As a lucky bonus for the Newport ski week, there is plenty of fresh snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally love it when someone gets what they deserve for being stupid. Sick and twisted...yes!! And I could totally hear you saying "Wee Doggies" and about died laughing!! Good luck with the snow and hopefully it stops soon! You guys should make a really big snowman tomorrow to pass the time. Trust me it helps!

    ReplyDelete