Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Innocence

Yesterday I finally told Jackie about the littlest canary that had died a few days earlier. I had been waiting for just the right moment and I thought that I had found it. The look on her little face as I told her was absolutely heartbreaking! Her face got flushed and her eyes filled with tears. Her lips quivered and she struggled not to let out a sob. She stood there for just a moment trying to compose herself. With teary eyes and a shaky voice she finally asked, "Grandma, when I get to heaven will I see the little baby bird?" If you could have seen the hopeful, trusting look on her face.............. "Of course you will. He will be waiting for you on the gate as you go in." I answered. " Oh Grandma, that makes me soooo happy!" Her sweetness and utter innocence are so precious. I am bawling as I type this. What a wonderous blessing she is in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little Jackie....life is sooo hard sometimes....and yet how wonderful for her that you are teaching her to have faith in a mighty God that is able to bring her comfort when she is sad. I'm glad you have her too!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder she was still crying last night. I thought she'd known about that one from the beginning. And no, I'd change the number for sure. She is such a sweet little girl with such a big heart. I've always said that with a good heart, everything else falls into place in life. I guess that goes back to scripture actually... "And the greatest of these is love."

    ReplyDelete