Monday, April 27, 2009

Dieting SUCKS!!!!!!!

The title sums up my feeling right at the moment. I am trying to get into the "zone" and it is really a push. My overall mood is annoyance. I am most annoyed at myself for even letting this be an issue. I could dwell on my many problems and why I have let food be my comfort, reward, consolation, and absolute treat. I could list my excuses - age (getting up there), lifestyle (not a whole lot of excess movement), asthma (I'm sure my lungs are not being helped as they are crushed on all sides by excess fat), weak ankles (let's face they were never meant to support this kind of weight load) and daily pressure ( dealing with all of the mentioned items). Or I could suck it up and admit that I eat too much and I need to drastically alter my daily intake. I have no answers or really even a point to this. All I can say is today I am working the diet.

4 comments:

  1. It is soooo draining....I am right there with you....repulsed at what I've become, knees and feet KILLING me as my thunderous weight buckles them, my blood pressure no doubt soaring, heart palpitating, and on and on....and my overall attitude and mood???? pissed off I can't EAT....How repulsive is that??? It is just ridiculous....I've done very well today, but I almost feel it is worth a big fat...."And so?" what I think that is going to cut it?? I have to get into a mind set and stay there....I can't do anything, but just keep trying.....come on Di, we CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we have stumbled on a fact here. Maybe dieting is something you go thru phases on.....1-shock at what has happenend, 2- disbelief that what you see in the mirror is actaully your own reflection (like the lady in the Karen Kingsbury book who screams at her own reflection cuz she thinks it is a witch). The danger is that when you reach 3-the acceptance phase you adjust to the shock and then just move along.( I think it is possible to get stuck here for years) 4 - repulsion. 5 - anger. 6 - the "zone" the place you need to be in mentally, no matter how long it takes, or what leads you there

    ReplyDelete
  3. just heard the music....haha...that hilarious.....good one....haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The song is absoulutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete