Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Deb!

I just got home from a really fun day! Debbie, Danae and I went out to lunch and to the movies, to celebrate Deb's birthday. We started out at Claim Jumper's and then went to see "Julie and Julia". I LOVED it! It was a perfect movie and feel for the day. Like so many times in my life, we had the exact same reaction to something. I am sure that very soon we will be pulling our red casseroles out of the oven and smiling as we deliver a wonder meal to the family, with our pearl necklaces on!


I can not begin to count up the birthdays that Debbie and I have spent together. Let's just say, "A lot!" She has always been there for me through thick and thin, no matter what, my whole life. She is my earliest memory of childhood. Actually, there is no part of my past that she was not a part of. From our roller skating days to sock-hops, Deb has always been a part of my firsts. First football game, first date, first kiss, first breakup...... the list goes on and on. We shared them all. Marriage, children, and the wonder of grandchildren have all been enjoyed together. The joys and the tears of my whole life have been lived with Deb by my side. I thank God every day for my wonderful sister who has enriched and blessed my life beyond measure. May you have a truly wonderful year filled with all of the joys you deserve, Deb.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Di...It's true of course. What major event in either of our lives has the other not been there to share in? One of life's biggest blessings for me has been a sister and best friend all rolled into one...And your right of course, I'm thinking I need to mention to Jeff that some pearls may be necessary in my near future, haha Thanks for a wonder day, Love you, Deb

    ReplyDelete